Friday, March 26, 2010

Wild (Mushroom) Night...



No word from my dozens of bleaders (an optimistic guestimation) on my Easter Extravaganza. But even so, I've decided to go through with it even if no one shows up.

So last night I made Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Basil Pine Nut Sauce. Jared and I had just arrived home from our respective gyms and in desperate need of sustenance. I had been looking forward to this one and it did not disappoint.


You start by roasting pine nuts in the oven for five minutes until they are soft and fragrant, then set aside to cool. While the ravioli boil (for just 5 minutes) you melt butter in a saucepan with basil leaves, salt and pepper and nutmeg. The sauce is poured over the ravioli and you top with the pine nuts and Parmesan.

I made crunchy garlic bread with an Asiago cheese baguette and when plated, I would say it rivaled any pasta dish we could have gotten downstairs in the fancy restaurant that's located on the first floor of my apartment building.

The dish was decadently buttery with a crunch from the pine nuts. For a meal that took maybe ten minutes from start to finish, it looks and tastes a lot more impressive than that and I will definitely be adding it to my growing list of "regulars."



No comments:

Post a Comment