Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alas, Polenta Part Two...



I’m sorry to say that the last GDL recipe in my Connecticut kitchen was indeed Polenta. I figured it would be cleansing to get it out of the way so I could arrive in Richmond with the Polenta chapter out of the way… gone… never to be heard from again!

So I whipped up a batch of that nasty yellow gunk and attempted two recipes- Creamy Polenta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Baked Polenta. GDL calls Creamy Polenta an alternative to mashed potatoes. I would rather eat a bathtub full of mashed potatoes than the cupful of Polenta I ate last night.

To all those Polenta lovers out there- I’m sorry but that shit is nasty. It’s creamy and buttery but not in a good way like custard. It’s like, “oh my god this is clogging my arteries with every bite.” And the fact that it actually looks a lot like the fat that will eventually clog your arteries, just makes each bite harder to choke down.

So after a blissful night sleep knowing I would never have to face Polenta again, I wake up to an email from Jamie saying, “Try this!” and a link to a recipe for deep dish polenta pizza. The photo was like a big yellow beanbag chair absorbing tomatoes and melted cheese into the center of its blobby orifice.

Thanks James, thanks. 


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love it!! I'm sorry you didnt like my Polenta suggestion!!
    I'm so excited to see what you'll be cooking VA. I say the first thing should be a dessert to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Jamie's dessert idea! Pure genius. Such a smart girl.

    ReplyDelete