Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Six Degrees of Giada de Laurentiis...


Unless you’ve been living under a rock you should know that Giada de Laurentiis has been popping up everywhere! She launched a product line for Target (yes, I own several pieces including a cast iron pot, silver serving spoons, a large heavy bamboo cutting board and even the official GDL apron!), a new cookbook (Giada at Home) and she’s been touring the country signing books and greeting fans. All fans except me, that is.

I could not be more disappointed to have missed out on the book tour. And my disappointment accelerated into devastation when I learned that Giada herself was at my neighborhood Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk, Connecticut on March 19th. March 19th! Eleven days after my move from less than a mile from Stew’s to about 450 miles away! Oh the terrible timing of it all!

To think that all those eager soccer moms were waiting in line, wanting nothing more than a brief brush with celebrity when I who have basically spent four months bonding with the woman was miles away, unaware. It’s a tragedy.

Perhaps a new GDL whisk or wooden spoon or espresso maker will ease the pain!


3 comments:

  1. I will buy you the wooden spoon if you post the pic of Giada and Tiger Woods on your blog for a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you told me... I would have gotten her autograph for you... and sent it to you in the mail!

    ReplyDelete